Olivia Obasi is a healthcare attorney and is Of Counsel at AN Law Firm, P.C. Her practice includes assisting pharmaceutical companies and other healthcare entities with a variety of issues including federal and state compliance and regulatory requirements, with a focus on HIPAA compliance matters.
Olivia has experience in diverse areas of law and served as a legal intern at the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Office of the Commissioner, Office of Policy where she researched and drafted FDA guidance document on FDA’s implementation of request for and issuance of Certificate of Confidentiality for human subject protection during clinical trials.
Olivia was also a Biopharma Associate with Pfizer Corporate Affairs where she supported the Pfizer Biopharma Group Inflammation & Immunology and Oncology work in Pfizer’s Corporate Affairs division. She advised on the regulation and administration of generic and biological drug products and the legal, regulatory, and policy implications. She was a member of the team responsible for the public affairs, stakeholder outreach, and government relations activities that support Pfizer’s business globally.
· Healthcare, including HIPAA Compliance
· Digital Health & Healthcare IT
· Life Sciences and Technology Transactions
· University of Maryland, College Park, Masters of Public Health in Public Health Practice and Policy
· George Washington University, Milken Institute, School of Public Health, Health Policy Certificate
· Howard University, School of Law, Masters of Law (LLM)
· Nigerian Law School, Barrister and Solicitor of Law
· University of Benin, LL.B.
Admission to Practice
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
· American Bar Association, Member
· DC Bar, member